Dear Parents and Students of John Burroughs Middle School.
Important updates for the week of January 23:
Before school tutoring is offered Mon-Fri from 7:15 AM - 7:45 AM in the library.
After school tutoring is offered Mon, Wed, Thurs from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM in the library.
Tuesday Tutoring is offered on Tuesdays from 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM in the library.
Thursday Jan 26: Elac meeting will be at 8:15am in the library. Njhs campus beautification will be after school from 3pm -4pm.
Friday Jan 27: Midnight Madness
Good evening parents and guardians. This is Burroughs Middle School Principal, Dr. Martinez, with an important update.
Earlier today we sent a Connect Ed message and posted a letter on our website regarding a small natural gas leak near the cafeteria which was initially identified as an “environment threat.” The good news is the leak has been located and repairs will be made before school begins tomorrow morning.
Thank you for your attention.
Environmental Threat (See PDF)
Dear Parents of John Burroughs Middle School,
Please remind your child to update their iPad to the latest iOS update to 10.2. by Friday, Jan 20, 2017. Go to SETTINGS. Then tap GENERAL. Then tap INSTALL NOW. iPad should be plugged in.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Happy New Year! The following are important announcements from John Burroughs Middle School.
We are asking for your cooperation with the following traffic guidelines:
• As you know, traffic on Wilshire Blvd is heavy in the mornings, especially on rainy days. Therefore, please give yourself a few extra minutes in the morning to arrive to school on time.
-In an effort to keep you and your children safe, please know that on rainy days, we are asking teachers to not mark your child tardy. Please do not cut off other drivers or engage in any dangerous driving behavior to rush to school, as this could put you and your children in danger.
A reminder that only the right-hand lane closest to the sidewalk along Wilshire heading westbound is permitted to turn right onto McCadden Pl. to drop students off in front of the school.
• Pull forward as much as possible before letting your child out of the car. This will give us additional room for other cars behind you to drop off.
• Have your child ready to exit quickly with their backpack on the passenger side only.
• Do not have your child retrieve their items from the trunk of the vehicle. This is a safety hazard.
• School buses are also making right turns on sixth and McCadden Place. Please give the school buses room to turn right.
• Use crosswalks at all times. This is for your safety and the safety of your children.
• Please do not cut off parents in the drop-off line.
• Do not double park along McCadden Pl. and tell your child to run across other vehicles to get to the sidewalk. This is also a safety hazard.
Additionally, the Los Angeles Department of Transportation, LAPD, and LASPD are currently conducting trafficenforcement at John Burroughs Middle School. The individuals who commit parking or moving violations will receive a citation by these agencies. John Burroughs Middle School does not take responsibility for any citation issued.
Finally, we are asking parents/guardians to help us keep our students safe by cooperating with a few suggestions:
• Travel north bound only on McCadden during drop-off or pick-up of students.
• Do not approach McCadden from the eastbound direction on Wilshire Blvd.
• Use the map given to your child to plan where to drop off or pick up students. Additional maps are available in the main office.
• Questions regarding any citations should be directed to the issuing agency. John Burroughs Middle School is not responsible for any citations issued by the City of Los Angeles or any other agency.
If you notice any suspicious activity around the school campus, please notify local law enforcement as well as the school immediately.
By working together, we can create a safe environment for our students and community.
Thank you for your cooperation.